Skip to main content

Work From Home

Technically I started back to work part time last week. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to get anything done with Oscar's schedule so wildly unpredictable. I feel like I have a thousand unfinished things. But every little bit helps. At this point I am basically working to fund my FSA, Dependent Care account, and 401K. I'm not actually working enough to take home anything after that. But at least I won't be behind on those things when I start back to work.

We've started a walking group here in the neighborhood and are calling ourselves the ESW Stroller Brigade. It's made up of moms who are stay-at-home moms, work-from-home moms, teachers out for the summer, and some like me who are on maternity leave. It's been great for accountability and company. I did 3.25 miles yesterday and ended up with over 12,000 steps! I might've gone a little overboard in my excitement about it and I joined a StepBet yesterday. You put money in a pot with others. You are given a set number of steps you have to get 6 days a week or you're out of the game. At the end, everyone still standing splits the pot. This one is only 6 weeks. I have to get 7,336 steps 4x per week and 9,456 steps 2x per week. It's going to be a stretch, but I really needed something to hold me accountable. I would really like to get back in shape. It's not so much the last 10 pounds but the inability to fit into pants. Luckily, it's summer so I can wear a lot of dresses and skirts to work. But nothing is nursing friendly, so I can't wear it around here.

Carey called last night. Sawyer and I were so excited. It's the first time we've gotten to talk since he left and probably the last time till he comes back. We only got to chat for about 5 minutes and that's just not enough when he's gone so long. But hopefully it will hold us over. There are so many things that happen while he's gone and I want opinions and input. It's frustrating when I have to make decisions on my own that should be both of us. I worry I'm making the wrong one. But some things can't wait till he's back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All (S)He Wants to Do is Dance

Sawyer has shown an interest in music and dancing and gets really excited when one or the other is happening. Our friend Derrell (after whom Sawyer is named) was over the other night and they were dancing on the changing table. I only caught the tail end on video but the way he's laughing at the beginning of the video was the way he was squealing for a good 5 minutes. It was so cute to watch.

In the Army now

When Carey graduated from Basic Combat Training at Fort Jackson in Columbia, SC, Sawyer and I drop down to see him. We were able to spend the day before graduation on post with him and then we stayed in a hotel that night and went back for graduation the next day. I didn't get too many pictures as we were trying to soak up as much time with Carey as possible. However a kind couple next to me held Sawyer while I got some pictures of the opening ceremony. FAMILY DAY The soldiers were hiding out in the forest on the far side and all of the sudden there were several loud booms and smoke and they all came running over through the smoke. After the opening ceremony they were released to the families. We spent the day seeing the base and spending time with Sawyer.  Sawyer getting some wiggle time while we ate a picnic lunch Crashed out in the hotel room after a long day. He slept through my entire morning routine GRADUATION DAY All d

Hot Fun In the Summertime

I am the co-chair of the parenting committee in our neighborhood (see previous post about over-functioning). We had some funds leftover from our Easter Egg Hunt Social and thought it would be fun to do a pool/pizza party playdate one evening. So last night about 20 families came up to the pool for an afternoon. It was great fun. There were kids from 4 weeks up to 6 years old. It truly takes a village. Kids had no problem coming up to random parents asking for things. Oscar got squished by many mamas and I fed more than one kid who wasn't mine. :) As much as I complain about how "suburban" our neighborhood truly is one of a kind. I managed to get in a short walk yesterday and some work done. I still haven't gotten everything on my to-do list taken care of, but I am trying to be happy about small accomplishments. A friend of a friend is making a new dining table for us. He and his wife came over last night to show us samples of wood stain. We decided on one