Skip to main content

Pictures of You

It's been a whole week. Normally I wouldn't have waited so long to post, but...life. I'm gonna make this a bullet post with lots of pictures to catch us up.

• Monday - We had Oscar's 2 month doctor visit. He got a vaccine. :( He weighs almost 12 lbs now and is 22.5 inches. The doctor noticed (I'd noticed it a few days before) a flat spot on the right side of his head. He always lays that way. So now we have to try to prop him on his left side to even it out. Otherwise he'll need a helmet. I kicked an ottoman and broke my toe. It's still swollen and bruised. Made for a rough week.

• Tuesday and Wednesday - We went to Calloway Gardens so I could speak at a conference. Mom came with us to corral the boys. We managed to get some time to walk through the gardens and the butterfly house before we left.

• Thursday and Friday -  I got hit with a terrible bout of mastitis. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Those days are pretty much a blur.

• The weekend was busy with Father's Day and catching up from the week.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, Again

So I gave up on this blog thing long ago. I wasn't even sure that blogger still existed or that i'd find this page when putting in the web address. But here we are. A new friend in Atlanta has been posting daily on a family blog. I've enjoyed reading it and then read an article about how even just a few minutes of journaling a day can help lower stress. When I came to this page, I read things about our life 3 years ago that I didn't remember in the fuzzy haze of parenting, new jobs, interstate moves, and a second child. So I would like to start this again, not as a way to share our life with family far away, but as a way to help document this place and time. I still think that songs as post titles will be fun so I'm going to keep with that.

Boys of Summer

Clearly I am behind on the blog. We've been taking lots of pictures but with all the travel and school and increase in work, I haven't been able to take the time to do more posts. So there will be a bunch at once. Here are some pictures from our summer adventures. 

 We managed to spend some time with my sister's family this summer. They came to stay and I watched all three boys while my sister and sister-in-law went to a wedding. It was an adventure!












I Like To Eat, Eat, Eat...

We went to Atlanta over the Fourth of July break because Carey had a four day pass. We thought it would be a good time to start Sawyer on solid foods. He's been very interested in what others are eating for about a month now. He will follow my fork or spoon from the plate to my mouth and has tried to grab for it several times now. We decided to start him straight on vegetables as current wisdom is trending away from starting with rice cereal. Especially for breast fed babies. The night before we left I pureed some carrots and when Carey got to Atlanta he fed Sawyer while I took pictures. It was hysterical. Sawyer was SO excited, until he got the carrots in his mouth. Then he wasn't so sure. :)





He REALLY wanted the spoon and kept grabbing for it as it went towards his mouth. Clearly he ended up wearing more of it than he ate. But we kept trying.