Skip to main content

Hot Fun In the Summertime


I am the co-chair of the parenting committee in our neighborhood (see previous post about over-functioning). We had some funds leftover from our Easter Egg Hunt Social and thought it would be fun to do a pool/pizza party playdate one evening. So last night about 20 families came up to the pool for an afternoon. It was great fun. There were kids from 4 weeks up to 6 years old. It truly takes a village. Kids had no problem coming up to random parents asking for things. Oscar got squished by many mamas and I fed more than one kid who wasn't mine. :) As much as I complain about how "suburban" our neighborhood truly is one of a kind.


I managed to get in a short walk yesterday and some work done. I still haven't gotten everything on my to-do list taken care of, but I am trying to be happy about small accomplishments. A friend of a friend is making a new dining table for us. He and his wife came over last night to show us samples of wood stain. We decided on one and will have a new table by the end of next month. Perfect timing because my sister's family is moving back to Atlanta! So even with just immediate family for meals, that is 13 people. Now we'll be able to accommodate them! I am very excited. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, Again

So I gave up on this blog thing long ago. I wasn't even sure that blogger still existed or that i'd find this page when putting in the web address. But here we are. A new friend in Atlanta has been posting daily on a family blog. I've enjoyed reading it and then read an article about how even just a few minutes of journaling a day can help lower stress. When I came to this page, I read things about our life 3 years ago that I didn't remember in the fuzzy haze of parenting, new jobs, interstate moves, and a second child. So I would like to start this again, not as a way to share our life with family far away, but as a way to help document this place and time. I still think that songs as post titles will be fun so I'm going to keep with that.

Boys of Summer

Clearly I am behind on the blog. We've been taking lots of pictures but with all the travel and school and increase in work, I haven't been able to take the time to do more posts. So there will be a bunch at once. Here are some pictures from our summer adventures. 

 We managed to spend some time with my sister's family this summer. They came to stay and I watched all three boys while my sister and sister-in-law went to a wedding. It was an adventure!












Back to Life, Back to Reality

Wow. 7 months is a long time. It's been 7 months since I've posted and Sawyer was 7 months old when I did. The 14 month old that currently resides in our home and hearts is a totally different being now. As are we. I've been absent from documenting his world for several reasons: 


Carey came home from his training in late August and there's been some adjustment in schedules and coordinationI entered the thesis phase of my Master's program and thus fell down a rabbit hole. The only reason I picked up my computer was for research or writing. I completed and defended my thesis which meant that I didn't touch my computer for almost six weeks. We were traveling 7 out of the 8 weekends around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sawyer went through a series of really tough colds (including a 4 day fever over 103).I recognized that I was suffering from postpartum depression (and had been for some time).We are starting to recover from all of these things and I am looking forward …