Skip to main content

Six - Pack Summer

Oscar turned 6 weeks old yesterday. I feel like I am starting to get the hang of parenting two. Evenings are the hardest. Carey is working and to get dinner ready while juggling nursing and giving Sawyer enough attention takes some juggling. Last night we managed to get done with dinner early enough to take a walk. Sawyer was super excited and bounced all the way around the neighborhood. A friend joined us and we took advantage of the cool evening.

I managed to squeeze in a workout in the morning. My first time weight training in months. Not surprisingly, it was tough, and I am sore today. I've set up a workout plan through Nike Training Club which is a free app. It will hopefully keep me motivated. While I am only 12 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight, my body composition is light years away from where I'd like it. Especially going into swimsuit season! Until I started back again, I didn't realize how much I need daily exercise. It has made me feel better and have more energy. And it helps offset the Ben and Jerry's. :)

My first book club in the neighborhood is tonight. I haven't read the book yet (whoops). But I am looking forward to a night of fellowship and adult conversation. Oma is keeping Sawyer and I am bringing Oscar with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Fun In the Summertime

I am the co-chair of the parenting committee in our neighborhood (see previous post about over-functioning). We had some funds leftover from our Easter Egg Hunt Social and thought it would be fun to do a pool/pizza party playdate one evening. So last night about 20 families came up to the pool for an afternoon. It was great fun. There were kids from 4 weeks up to 6 years old. It truly takes a village. Kids had no problem coming up to random parents asking for things. Oscar got squished by many mamas and I fed more than one kid who wasn't mine. :) As much as I complain about how "suburban" our neighborhood truly is one of a kind. I managed to get in a short walk yesterday and some work done. I still haven't gotten everything on my to-do list taken care of, but I am trying to be happy about small accomplishments. A friend of a friend is making a new dining table for us. He and his wife came over last night to show us samples of wood stain. We decided on one

All (S)He Wants to Do is Dance

Sawyer has shown an interest in music and dancing and gets really excited when one or the other is happening. Our friend Derrell (after whom Sawyer is named) was over the other night and they were dancing on the changing table. I only caught the tail end on video but the way he's laughing at the beginning of the video was the way he was squealing for a good 5 minutes. It was so cute to watch.

Twice the Speed of Life

This week has blown by. I made Carey go to Marietta Wednesday on his last day off to get me a new military ID. Mine was expired. Sawyer was just a little younger than Oscar when I got my last one and my hair was also in the same rough stage. I felt a sense of deja vu, like I was starting to repeat the last four years. Say it isn't so. :) My espresso machine has been broken since just before Oscar was born and the only place in Atlanta that I could find that was willing to see if they could repair it was also in Marietta so we dropped that off while we were there too. Then Carey and I went out to lunch. Lunch dates are a little different with a babe, but it was nice not to have Sawyer out with us too and worry about him. We picked Sawyer up early and took both boys to see Carey's grandparents. They hadn't met Oscar yet and as his middle name is after Carey's grandfather's, we thought it high time they meet. I hung out inside with Oscar and Grandad and Audrey and