Skip to main content

I Like To Eat, Eat, Eat...

We went to Atlanta over the Fourth of July break because Carey had a four day pass. We thought it would be a good time to start Sawyer on solid foods. He's been very interested in what others are eating for about a month now. He will follow my fork or spoon from the plate to my mouth and has tried to grab for it several times now. We decided to start him straight on vegetables as current wisdom is trending away from starting with rice cereal. Especially for breast fed babies. The night before we left I pureed some carrots and when Carey got to Atlanta he fed Sawyer while I took pictures. It was hysterical. Sawyer was SO excited, until he got the carrots in his mouth. Then he wasn't so sure. :)





He REALLY wanted the spoon and kept grabbing for it as it went towards his mouth. Clearly he ended up wearing more of it than he ate. But we kept trying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends are Family

We had a wonderful visit in Charlotte. It went by way too fast as usual but was lots of fun. We walked on the greenway close to Derrell and Lindsay's (rental) house, went to see their new house that they are buying, had a cookout with the Clark family, had brunch with our friends Steve and Darcy and their baby, Chloe, and Sawyer got to go see Derrell's work truck. Pictures below!

Fun, Fun, Fun

I apologize for the bad resolution of the pictures, but sometimes my phone is more handy than the camera. We've been working hard on tummy time and Sawyer's muscle control. He's been wiggling like crazy. Most days he only lasts 2-3 minutes on his belly but this particular day he was having a grand time. He's really holding his head up well! Airplane Baby

Rollin'

It's finally the weekend. Although these days, I think the weekends are as exhausting as the week days. I have both boys all day and we've somehow managed to pack the days full. Last night we were able to play outside for a little bit before dinner. Sawyer is getting pretty good with this toy that our friends the Flaggs gave us. I don't even know what it's called but you roll around on it. He really wanted to play yard hockey but Oscar wouldn't sleep or lay on a blanket, he just wanted to nurse and be held. Initially Sawyer did really well with the fact that the baby needed so much. I don't know if it is because Carey is gone or because it's been two months, but Sawyer seems to have less and less patience with me and Oscar. I have to keep reminding myself that he is four. And when you are tired, hungry, and four, patience is not a strong suit. Then again, when you are tired, hungry and thirty-four, patience isn't much of a strong suit either. :) ...