Skip to main content

Busy Bees



What a busy weekend! Our friends Derrell and Lindsay came to town for Memorial Day. They arrived Friday. We spent Saturday morning at the pool and then relaxed in the afternoon. Carey had to work, so we stayed up and waited for him a bit. Sunday we all went to the Renaissance Festival. It was hot and muggy, but always a good time. Sawyer was so overwhelmed, he walked around with big eyes the whole time. My childhood friend Lindsey and her son Everett were in town from Kansas. We hadn't seen them in a year so they came over for dinner. After we put Sawyer to bed, we played Settlers of Catan. I grew up playing board games with my siblings and still love playing them now. I can't wait until Sawyer gets older to play with us too. Sawyer was out of school Monday. My friend Andrea was in town from Memphis. She and her family, as well as Jen and her family all came over for brunch. There were 8 adults and 5 kids. I felt a bit crazy trying to host with a 6 week old. But it went well, mass chaos, but fun! We vegged most of the rest of the afternoon and then after the Clarks headed back to Charlotte, we went out to Mexican (or Mex - i - CAN) as Sawyer calls it. It was Carey's last meal before leaving for XCTC (army training). The food was good, weather was nice, and everyone behaved. A great way to end the long weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends are Family

We had a wonderful visit in Charlotte. It went by way too fast as usual but was lots of fun. We walked on the greenway close to Derrell and Lindsay's (rental) house, went to see their new house that they are buying, had a cookout with the Clark family, had brunch with our friends Steve and Darcy and their baby, Chloe, and Sawyer got to go see Derrell's work truck. Pictures below!

Fun, Fun, Fun

I apologize for the bad resolution of the pictures, but sometimes my phone is more handy than the camera. We've been working hard on tummy time and Sawyer's muscle control. He's been wiggling like crazy. Most days he only lasts 2-3 minutes on his belly but this particular day he was having a grand time. He's really holding his head up well! Airplane Baby

Rollin'

It's finally the weekend. Although these days, I think the weekends are as exhausting as the week days. I have both boys all day and we've somehow managed to pack the days full. Last night we were able to play outside for a little bit before dinner. Sawyer is getting pretty good with this toy that our friends the Flaggs gave us. I don't even know what it's called but you roll around on it. He really wanted to play yard hockey but Oscar wouldn't sleep or lay on a blanket, he just wanted to nurse and be held. Initially Sawyer did really well with the fact that the baby needed so much. I don't know if it is because Carey is gone or because it's been two months, but Sawyer seems to have less and less patience with me and Oscar. I have to keep reminding myself that he is four. And when you are tired, hungry, and four, patience is not a strong suit. Then again, when you are tired, hungry and thirty-four, patience isn't much of a strong suit either. :) ...